Unfortunately, there will always be people who will make excuses to not exercise until it’s too late and we hope that everyone is convinced that regular exercises is essential to a healthy and happy life. Statistics show that the number of health-related searches both online and off has gone up tremendously over the past few years. People are starting to take responsibility for their unhealthy actions and actively looking for ways to change their lifestyle.
Many folks claim that the number one reason they do not exercise is due to their busy lifestyles and lack of time, however, a quick 10-20 minute workout at home every few days can sometimes make a difference between life and death. Seriously! Many seniors, as well as adults, fear that working out can cause them injuries, but there are solutions for this as well, like the emergence of home health care agencies across the United States, where physical therapists and/or nurses assist seniors in staying healthy in the comfort of their own home. Also, the great news is that most of the time home health care services are covered by Medicare.
But if you’re ready to get fit, then you have stumbled onto the right page. The journey to healthy living may sound tedious and daunting to those who are alien to the lifestyle, but it doesn’t have to be.
In fact, there are easy things that you can do throughout the days of the week to drastically improve your health and happiness. Below are ten great examples:
- Exercise: Working out is one of the best ways to get healthy and fit. You do not have to exercise for hours to reach your goal. All you need is at least thirty minutes a day and at least four days a week. If you have busier days – you can exercise in three ten minute bursts throughout the day. You can run for ten minutes in the morning, do ten minutes of strength training and cardio in the middle of the day and finish at the end of the day with ten minutes of stretching.
- Eat well: Eating well is another obvious aspect of generating health. Now, you do not have to starve yourself of your favorite not-so-healthy foods, you just have to make sure that the majority of food that you eat is more healthier than not. Additionally, you should avoid overeating, as consuming too many calories can make you gain weight and cause your organs to work ineffectively. Instead of eating three large meals a day, strive to consume six small healthy meals throughout the day. You should consume more fruits and veg, nuts and berries, lean meats, healthy oils and dried fruit.
- Stay hydrated: Every single part of the body relies on water to function adequately. Without proper hydration, the body can become stressed and permeate symptoms such as fatigue, low energy, headaches, and confusion. Make it a habit to walk with water bottles and drink from it throughout the day.
- Stand more than you sit: Studies have determined that the average person sits approximately thirteen hours a day, doing things like driving, working, watching TV and surfing the net. All that sitting can cause slow metabolism and poor circulation. Sitting too much can also cause weight gain, decreased energy and digestive issues. Now, the opposite is true if you make the effort to stand more often. You can find opportunities to stand while you’re talking on the phone, writing notes, gardening and playing with the kids. And, you can get a standing desk at work and make an effort to stand for ten minutes every hour. Standing desk benefits include increased blood flow, speedy metabolism, toned muscles and increased energy levels.
- Remain positive: What you think, is what you become! It is a fact that if you are constantly bogged by feelings of negativity, stress and anxiety, then that will be your fate. However, if you make an effort to remain positive, regardless of the situation, you will be rewarded with health and happiness. Now, I know that being positive can be easier said than done, especially if you feel beaten up by the world. It’s going to take a whole lot of practicing and pretending before you get it right. You can take ten minutes a day to pray and meditate and do your breathing exercises at night before you go to bed. Additionally, you can recite positive affirmations in stressful situations and avoid people that tend to create drama.
- Include supplements: Supplements such as multivitamins, herbal teas, detox juices and probiotics can help fight free radicals responsible for premature aging and disease growth.
- Sing and Dance: Singing and dancing for five minutes every day can release good mood endorphins as well as give your metabolism a jumpstart.
- Take mini-breaks: It is important for your health to take frequent mini breaks. You need to pause from the routines and hustle of daily life and just do you for a little bit. You can take a break by soaking in an aromatic bath, going for a solo bike ride, crafting or by reading a chapter of a good book.
- Ask for help: Attempting to do everything on your own is a recipe for a nervous breakdown. Enlist the aid of your family and co-workers to help you lighten your load and deter stress.
- Always look good: When you look good, you feel good! Therefore, you should always make it a priority to look your best, yes, even your home clothes should be stylish. You do not have to spend a lot of time or money on yourself to look good – just make sure that your clothing highlights your body in a positive way and that your hair looks fabulous.
Living a healthy lifestyle is the absolute best thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones. Doing so can enhance your lifespan and make you a happier person.