(Last updated August 2013)
I love to review things that I use in my daily life, as well as new or interesting products that are introduced to me by way of my blog. I enjoy writing reviews about those items and do my research on them, but those reviews are strictly my own opinions and not influenced by the companies or products I have received.
Sometimes, when I’m lucky, companies will send me products to try, free of cost. Also, when I compete at events (triathlons, races, etc) I often receive free samples of foods, drinks or other products. I might even get free entry, travel expenses or accommodation.
Whenever I review or refer to a product that was provided to me, I will make it clear in the post. I provide not only details of how I received the product, but I often link to the company itself. My reviews are honest, and if done at the request of a company, rest assured that the compensation of cash or product does not have any bearing on the content. If I do not like a product, I will either not review it on the blog, or I will state the reasons why I don’t like it.
If I purchased the product, I will not necessarily state that in the post.
From time to time, I do accept sponsored posts, for which I am paid in cash or other compensation. When I do that, I make it clear in the post and include a link to this policy.
Questions? Please e-mail me (tiffany at noordinaryhomestead dot com) or refer to the FTC’s ruling on blogger disclosure: FTC Rules on Sponsored Conversations
NOTE: As of August 2013, I have adopted a new policy for disclosure outside of my blog, which includes disclosure on ALL social media posts. I’ve changed the terms that I use to the following:
- #AD: denotes that a brand has compensated me in some way for the post or message — in most cases, the message will be in my own words but may also include copy points from the client. This compensation may have been in cash or in product.
- #freebie: denotes that a product was sent to me — solicited or not — free of charge (if I was paid to review or post about the product, I will use the #AD tag but if a brand just sent me something with no promise or expectation of a post, I’ll use this tag)
More Disclosure Legal Stuff
This policy is valid from 06 August 2013
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact [email protected]stead.com.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
Affiliate Link Disclaimer
Any affiliate links found on this site are based on my personal experience and regard for the services provided. I only share quality resources and services that I have personal experience with and can recommend without reservation. If you have any questions on these providers and my experience with them, feel free to ask.
- Occasionally I make recommendations on No Ordinary Homestead, which include links to helpful resources where I may receive a commission for each sale.
- These recommendations are based first and foremost on their merit. I make them either because of their value, helpfulness, and quality, or based on my direct or indirect knowledge of the author’s reputation, track record, and level of expertise. No advertiser will ever influence the content on this blog.
- Some links do not have any affiliation or compensation whatsoever, but are added based on merit.
- As with most training programs or information products, my advice and programs are not a one-size-fits-all solution. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to predict how, or even if, you will use the information provided in your specific business. All results are based on your efforts and work.
- All testimonials and case studies are collected from people who have had personal experience with my products or services, and they have each submitted their kind words willingly, and without direct financial payment or compensation.
- What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you leave a comment. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
(Last updated August 6, 2013)