Looking for a cute & funky day planner that will brighten the darkest of days? Enter to win one of two Prinz Apfel pocket calendars!
It seems like every time I turn around I’m coming across a great new-to-me blog that has been around for a while but I somehow just never managed to hear about them. So I thought I would take this moment to introduce a few of them to you. After reading this list, you’ll definitely see where my thoughts and goals for 2011 are focused!
- Small Notebook — I have a HUGE goal for 2011 and that is declutter, organize and simplify our lives. So far I haven’t really started on this project…but there are definitely about a million things I have in my head that we will purge from our lives this year in one way or another. Hopefully we’ll make a buck on most of them in the process! Small Notebook focuses on bringing your life to a more manageable place, one step at a time.
- Savvy Blogging — From Blog to Business…I think that tag line says it all. It’s not much of a secret that I want NOH to be going great places in 2011. And for anyone looking to grow their blog into something more serious, this is a great resource. It also gives lots of tips for keeping your blog organized and easy to read.
- I Dream of Clean – One day, I hope we can get a housekeeper. I’m not a huge fan of cleaning and I have trouble making time for all the bits and pieces required to keep a spotless home. So I just do the best I can. This blog is full of cleaning tips and tricks, and ways to keep your life a bit more organized, which makes it easier to clean up after yourself.
- Blogging with Amy — If you are brand new to blogging and have no idea where to start, this blog is a wealth of information. But she’s also got some great tips for those who have been at it for a while and just want to improve their blog.
- Nesting Place — I could get lost in the pages of this blog for days. Her home is just beautiful and she is full of the most wonderful decorating ideas and so much creativity. Oh to have her brain for a few days to make our house more of a home!
- Flower Patch FarmGirl — This blog and the ideas inside it are written by a beautiful person. I don’t know how I never came across this blog before but I sure am glad I’ve found it. Such simple ideas and so farmie…which is just perfect for our lives right now!
- Dagmar’s Momsense – Dagmar is actually an expat but she’s in the reverse of my situation…she’s a German living in the US. But honestly I think she’s been there so long that she’s mostly American by now — not that that’s a bad thing! Dagmar is a no nonsense kind of woman who just tells you like it is…and hopefully one day soon she will bring back the “Not Me Monday” posts which are some of the funniest things I have ever read!
- Silly Eagle Books — Vanessa has a great blog here about children’s books, projects she does with her 3 year old and learning to appreciate life in general. I would really like to raid her daughter’s book collection (it’s kinda cruel but it’s true) but hopefully she will help me to remember some of the wonderful stories I loved growing up so that I can get them for Mackenzie. Mack’s shelves need many, many more books. I know where I’ll be headed when we visit the States again…used bookstores galore!
- Ramblings and Photos — Ashley is an amazing photographer and there is much to be learned from her blog. She hosts Scavenger Hunt Sundays which I would love to start participating in…but doing another 5 photos a week in addition to my usual daily stuff freaks me out a bit. So I’ll just lurk in the shadows for now and hopefully still learn a few things!
- Scary Mommy — It doesn’t get much more real or honest than this. Laugh, cry, shake your head…but we’ve all been there.
Ok, I’m spent and my mind is racing with even more new ideas that I just collected while going through these blogs again this morning…but what are you favorite blogs that you haunt without fail?
I’m always looking for something new to add to my reader and share in my twitterhood.