Fort Lauderdale is considered the world’s “yachting capital” and attracts huge numbers of visitors each year. Visitors include but are not limited to buyers, industry players, and enthusiasts alike. While everyone wants to have the mind-blowing experience of riding in a yacht, not everybody can afford to purchase one outright. Fortunately, Fort Lauderdale yacht rental can give you a taste of luxury on the water for a fraction of the price and even less responsibility. The beauty of yacht rental is that it combines the luxury of a five-star resort with the excitement of a boat trip into an unforgettable experience. This article was authored to serve as a beginner’s guide to chartering a yacht in Fort Lauderdale. We hope you will find everything that you need to plan an enjoyable experience with the information we have put together for you!
- Budget. How much are you willing to spend hiring a yacht? If you have a large budget, you may not be limited by duration or size. However, ensure you consider the total amount you are willing to spend if you are on a budget. Remember that you may have additional costs like fuelling and paying a crew. The prices vary depending on where you wish to go, yacht size, and trip duration. Taxes and value-added tax (VAT) may also apply. So, ensure you consider these things when budgeting.
- Inclusive or Expense-based Charters. Inclusive chartering includes everything you will need on your trip, from crew members to food, drinks, and all amenities. Inclusive chartering is expensive but allows you to determine what to spend ahead of time. Expanse-based yacht chartering includes a base rate with other features like fuel costs, cooking fees, and captain and crew, as additional expenses. You will pay these costs on top of the cost of hiring the yacht. In general, the incremental expenses are paid by an Advance provisioning Allowance (APA) of about 35% of the cost of the yacht. You will pay a lump sum upfront to cover expected expenses and you will receive a refund if the entire amount is not used. However, you will pay more if the costs exceed the upfront payment.
- Trip Duration. Where you wish to visit will play a significant part in the amount you spend. If you wish to visit many destinations, you will find yourself facing more fuel charges than those on a fishing trip in the same general area. Ensure you know how far you will travel to estimate the amount of fuel you will use during the charter.
- Yacht Size. Bigger is always a better way to enjoy a vacation. However, going too large means using more money. A big yacht sounds fun, but it is not necessary if you have a small group or are enjoying the vacation alone. An excellent captain and a trained chef is worth investing in rather than getting extra and unwanted space. However, larger parties like weddings and reunions may enjoy chartering a bigger yacht.
- Due Diligence.Always take time to plan your trip. Know where you want to go, your budget, and what yacht size you need. Determine your departure point and date, so you can know when to book the charter. However, do not book the first charter you see. Instead, do some due diligence to ensure you enjoy your vacation.
A yacht charter can be the best way to experience luxury whether you have a wedding party or a family vacation. You will get the freedom, style, and fun you deserve.