Welcome to week 3 of the Garden Life link up. We’ve had plenty of rain this past week and our plants are just thriving. Still battling the mildew a bit but the grapes are starting to turn purple and they already taste quite good. Now we just have to get them covered before the birds find out they taste great also!
Our tiny little salad burnett plant has really been thriving…such an incredible improvement versus when it started. Apparently the moist weather and the cooler temperatures are really making it happy.
These tiny little lavender plants were saved from our driveway. I guess the seeds blew over from our big lavender plant out front. I grabbed about 10 of them from the cracks and they seem to be quite well so far. Hopefully I’ll have some nice plants to transplant around the courtyard soon. The lavender seems to keep the aphids at bay which have been a huge problem for us in recent years on the rose bushes.
Another big bell pepper on its way. Hopefully Mack will let this one stay on there until it’s really ripe.
We also cut a bunch couple squash off that are already ripe. I’m really surprised that these turban squash are already ripe. I was really hoping they would be ready sometime later in the season. We’ve had a few more small squash start on the vines, but they all started to foul off. We’re hoping that now that these two huge squash are off, the others will do better.
Our eggplants are also finally starting to get somewhere. Can’t wait to harvest these guys! 😉
Off to grab some cucumbers off the vine and get down to snacking.
Now it’s your turn! What’s going on with your garden?
Here’s how this works:
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINESespecially if you have never linked up before!
- You are free to join the Garden Life link up at any time. You can also skip a few weeks and then come back. It’s entirely up to you.
- Please link directly to a post about your garden, a recipe, a tutorial for gardening, an inspirational idea, etc that relates to GARDENING — not your mail blog URL.
- Please only link to your own blog or photos hosted online.
- You MUST link back to No Ordinary Homestead or a Garden Life link up post in your blog post. This way, if someone else wants to join the fun, they can. You can either link with text or using the Garden Life badge.
Below is a code for the badge above. Just copy and paste this code into your post or save and upload the image to your blog:<a href=”https://www.noordinaryhomestead.com/garden-life-link-up/”><img title=”garden-life-300″ src=”https://www.noordinaryhomestead.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/garden-life-300.gif” alt=”garden link up” width=”301″ height=”301″ /></a>
- I highly encourage you to visit other participants and leave comments. This is a great way to meet new friends and become inspired about your garden! I try to visit all the blog participating as well 🙂
That’s it! Share your garden with us by linking up below!