I had to get creative for dinner last night since we’re running low on supplies…again. But this recipe didn’t require anything special so it won. I’ve added more spice to the original version but the chicken always turns out nice and juicy. We served it with rice and a bit of cream cheese corn.
NOTE February 5, 2009: I made this again and had two breasts left over so I decided to make sandwiches with them the following day. I made some french fries in the oven along with it and used mini-French bread loaves for the bread. They were SO good. Definitely going to do that more often. And the best part is you barely have to cook the second day.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
- A few tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 8 crushed salt & pepper Tuc crackers (similar to Ritz here in Germany – just use about double the amount)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour oil into a flat bowl and stir in minced garlic. Lay chicken breasts in bowl and coat both sides with oil and garlic mixture. Lay in 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic pepper, basil, and pepper. Pour about half of crumb mixture over breasts, coating them. Flip and coat other side. Top breasts with any crumbs.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.